Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Fuck Squamish"...

I'm not gonna lie, I really do love that place, but that statement was being tossed around yesterday and for good reason as you will find out below.





So… good new or bad new first? Good news is that Whistler is awesome. We are on back to back days with xc and dh rides. We ventured into Squamish yesterday and were having a killer ride until…. the trail half nelson claimed the first victim of our trip! On a sketchy double our boy Matt cased the nuckle and went down hard! While tending to him the next rider off said jump did the same thing. After extracting Matt off the mountain we headed to the ER in Squamish. After a short wait it was determined that Matt had seriously fractured his collar bone. We are waiting to hear from the doctor to see if he needs surgery or not. This put a major dampener on our day, but Matt is a trooper and is keen to get rehab started and get back on the bike.





Upon getting back to whistler, Tyler and I decided to rip out some laps on the big bikes to clear our heads. Unloading from the lifts I noticed 2 black bears grassing just meters from the chairlift. It was cool to see as I have never seen a bear up close. They were just minding there own business completely ignoring us bikers. Saw another black bear last night, this time just 5 feet off the trail we were riding. Two black bear sightings in two rides, I hope that fills the quota for a little while.



(Alice you'll be glad to know that there is no shed... and we are becoming pros at bike dodging)

I got some more information regarding the 4 queens bike race I signed up for a few weeks back and I think I am way over my head! The race consists of 4 stages which range from pure XC to extreme DH but you are only aloud to ride one bike. To start the race it was also noted that you need a moustache (real or fake). You better believe I'm working on some handle bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter